Dermal fillers such as Restylane® are an excellent option to make modest changes to balance the nose and harmonize it with the face without surgery. Known as a non-surgical or liquid rhinoplasty, the procedure can increase symmetry, lift a drooping tip, camouflage a nasal hump, improve definition and projection, and smooth irregular contours on the nose. It demonstrates immediate results, is long-lasting but reversible, and results in less swelling than a surgical rhinoplasty. But while a non-surgical rhinoplasty can be an effective option, a surgical rhinoplasty may be more appropriate for those who desire a more comprehensive, refined, and permanent treatment. Dr. Harmon is a fellowship trained facial plastic surgeon who specializes in both non-surgical and surgical rhinoplasty. He will work closely with each individual to formulate a personalized plan that reflects their needs while weighing the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
Am I a good candidate?
Candidates often have concerns about the shape of the bridge or tip of their nose but are hesitant about surgical interventions to address these concerns. A non-surgical rhinoplasty can address these areas of concern.
Most candidates for non-surgical rhinoplasty range in age from 20s to 70s. A consultation is recommended to determine candidacy for the procedure, because there may be factors that preclude this procedure for certain individuals. Reasonable expectations must be established about what a non-surgical rhinoplasty can and cannot accomplish as with all plastic surgery procedures.
Recovery from a non-surgical rhinoplasty is generally minimal and always specific to the individual. The duration of recovery will vary from person to person. There are no incisions made with a non-surgical rhinoplasty.
Some swelling is expected after a non-surgical rhinoplasty. Post-treatment swelling is usually significantly improved or resolved within 2 to 7 days. Post-treatment bruising is generally minimal and is usually significantly improved or resolved within 5 to 7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who performs all non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures at Harmon Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Dr. Jeffrey Harmon performs all non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures himself. Dr. Harmon has the detailed understanding of facial anatomy and the experience as a fellowship-trained facial plastic surgeon to provide the safest, most effective treatment.
- What type of anesthesia is required?
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty can generally be performed comfortably with topical anesthesia with or without injected local anesthesia.
- What product is used to perform a non-surgical rhinoplasty?
- Hyaluronic acid filler is used to perform a non-surgical rhinoplasty.
- Is a non-surgical rhinoplasty with hyaluronic acid filler a good alternative to rhinoplasty?
- There are limits to what can be accomplished with a non-surgical rhinoplasty. For example, a non-surgical rhinoplasty can be good for an individual who has a large hump on their nose that they would like softened. However, refinement of the nasal tip, narrowing of the bridge of the nose, and reducing the size of a large hump require a surgical rhinoplasty, either open or endonasal.